Small Group code of conduct
A core aspect of MCF small groups is the study of the Bible. As there may be a diverse mix of people in these groups the following Code of Conduct should be adhered to in the interest of love, unity and good witness.
MCF Small Group Code of Conduct
As a member of an MCF small group I will:
- Respect the denominational differences of all Christians within the ADF and not focus on denominational doctrine or disputed beliefs.
- Allow all members of the group an opportunity to speak regardless of spiritual maturity.
- Respect rank during MCF meetings unless invited not to.
- Foster positive relationships with local Chaplains and members of other Christian groups.
- In group studies show gracious consideration of others when discussing books or passages of the Bible that denominations contest – such discussions should focus on the truth that unites us and not those issues that may cause division.
- Apply wisdom in the demonstration of spiritual gifting where there is potential to cause offence to members present.
- Respect the role of the small group leader, regardless of rank and service.