National Day of Prayer and Fasting - 27 May, 2023
The purpose of the National Day of Prayer and Fasting is to come together as one, humbling ourselves in prayer and fasting, to see God glorified in our Nation, contending for Revival and transformation for Australia.
This is a day to gather in the Lord’s presence, seek His face, listen to His voice, be renewed, refreshed and empowered by His Spirit, to walk out His purpose in our lives individually and corporately.
❖ A day set aside to humble ourselves
❖ A day to give thanks and praise Him for all He has done
❖ A day to unite as the Body of Christ
❖ A day to worship the Father in Spirit and Truth
❖ A day to declare Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father
❖ A day to say not my will be done but Your will be done
❖ A day to give God all the glory and honour
❖ A day to declare that all power, authority, might, dominion, rule and reign is the Lord God’s alone.
This is the day that we unite to declare Jesus is Lord of all!
The theme for 2023 is Love and Unity: The scriptural theme is found in John 13:34-35: A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples.
The purpose of the National Day of Prayer and Fasting is to come together as one, humbling ourselves in prayer and fasting, to see God glorified in our Nation, contending for Revival and Transformation for Australia.
Key Prayer points:
1. Pray for the Body of Christ in Australia to be rooted and grounded in love – Ephesians 3:16-19
2. Pray for oneness, unity, cooperation and collaboration in the Body of Christ – Psalm 133:1
3. Proclaim the victory of the Cross and the release of living water across the land for a mighty harvest – Colossians 2:13-15 and John 4:14
The 6 sessions for the day summarised:
As we come together in love and unity in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, we have confidence that our prayers will be answered – John 14:13-14: “And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.”
1. Adoration, Worship, Thanksgiving
2. Prayer that we might be rooted and grounded in love, consider and confess our lack of love for one another, our divisions, pride and judgments
3. Prayer for those in authority and for healing and reconciliation to continue across our land, in our hearts and through our people groups
4. Official Prayer Service – Communion – Thanksgiving and proclamation of the victory of the Cross
5. Prayer for our Christian witness and the release of labourers for the harvest field
6. Declaring God’s purposes and praying a continuing release of living water over Australia
Printable flyer and info (as in picture above) National Day of Prayer and Fasting 2023
Register here www.australiaprays.com.au/national-day-of-prayer-and-fasting